Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cucumber & Tomato salad

I ran down to the local grocery store this morning. To my surprise they had cucumbers for 50¢ each (usually they are over $1 ea) so I bought 10 of them and some tomatoes.

Came home and washed them and cut the cucumbers into small, bite-sized chunks. I put them in a Lock & Lock storage container. I cut up the tomatoes into quarters and squeezed all the juices from them into the container, and then cut up the rest and put them in the container as well. Then I got out a bottle of italian dressing (I prefer Wishbone's Robusto) and poured a whole bottle into the container. Put the lid securely on and gave it a good shake and stuck it in the fridge.

That will be soooo yummy for tonight I can't wait! One of my favorite summer foods... a tasty cucumber & tomato salad!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love cucumber/tomato salad! Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lived on cucumber and tomatoes for 4 months,and lost about 15 kg.not recommended though.i was a bit desperate to lose weight.

    but then again,i did take protein shakes and multivitamins as well to keep myself healthy.and i worked out quite a bit too.

    great blog btw. :) i'm following you.

    ReplyDelete