Thursday, July 9, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson




Well, I spent the day Tuesday watching the memorial and crying my eyes out. I have been a fan of MJ since I was a kid. I remember having a crush on him when I was in the 4th grade. I remember wearing red parachute pants in Jr. High. We used to listen to him on the school bus.

Needless to say, I've been a huge fan almost my entire life. I believed he was innocent in 1994 and in 2003. I still believe he was innocent. While watching the memorial I kept expecting his coffin to open and for him to come out as this was just a big publicity event. So I hoped. But when the memorial was over and they started carrying his coffin away as "Man in the Mirror" played in the background, I finally realized for the first time that he was really gone.

Michael Jackson's life story is one of the saddest I've ever read about. His father terrorized him. His father, in my opinion, is a main reason I believe MJ ended up the way he did. I'm not even going to get into that again. I'm drained.

His memorial was beautiful and sad at the same time. I can't remember the last time I cried so much. Brooke Shields gave a beautiful speech - but then I read that she hadn't spoken to him since 1991. :( I wish the people that really knew him and cared about him were more persistent in helping him.

His kids really surprised me. I had never even seen them before. Very cute kids. Paris speaking out at the end was heartbreaking. Calling this man we just think of as an entertainer, "daddy" - wow. Yep, he was a father, not just a phenomonal singer, dancer and entertainer, but a "daddy". Kind of brought everything into perspective.
I am so glad to hear there were no arrests in LA and how everyone was so well behaved and so respectful for that day. It's the very least that Michael deserved.
For those who are cracking jokes about Michael, about his death and/or his life - it's a terrible shame. I don't think they are the least bit funny. Michael was very sensitive and he knew people were laughing at him - criticizing him - judging him - and that hurt him very much and ultimately likely lended a hand in his death.
RIP Michael, you are so missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment